Valencia Numerica aims to be a forum for discussion and dissemination of new mathematical ideas and computational techniques in the field of numerical analysis and to further encourage collaboration between participants. The event is targeted for specialists already trained or in training, in a relaxed atmosphere, where there is time for detail explanations and questions. The event will take place between July 17th and 20th, 2017 and consists on two activities of different nature (a school and a meeting), in order to promote research activities around the numerical analysis of partial differential equations, covering both theoretical and practical aspects. The programme of the meeting includes two courses (six hours each), five invited lectures (one hour each) and a mini-tutorial (two hours). There will also be a commented poster session for participants where recent research can be shown. Both the school and the meeting are designed for a limited number of participants, according to the philosophy of the project, aiming to understand in detail the issues and not to provide a general overview of topics, which is usually presented in other scientific events.
- Vivette Girault (Université de Paris VI)
- Macarena Gómez (Universidad de Sevilla)
- Salim Meddahi (Universidad de Oviedo )
- Francisco Javier Sayas (University of Delaware)
- Antonio Baeza (Universitat de València)
- Isabel Cordero Carrión (Universitat de València)
- Rosa Donat (Universitat de València)
- Pep Mulet (Universitat de València)
- Research group on Numerical Analysis, Images, Multiresolution and Simulations, Universitat de València.
- Department of Mathematics, Universitat de València.
- Faculty of Mathematics, Universitat de València.
- Zaragoza 2003, 2005, 2007.
- Sevilla 2009, 2011.
- Cádiz 2013.
- Ciudad Real 2015